The curveball that was 2020
It would be easy to say that most of us are glad to see the back of 2020. And there seems to be a common sentiment that 2021 will be ‘better’.
For annex, 2020 represents a year of growth and adaptation. We are stronger for it, despite the difficult and sometimes frightening times.
We feel very fortunate that our business could quickly evolve our ways of working. We already had the tools in place to make this possible and were able to work with our clients to make working-from-home seamless. There was still some uncertainty on how the year would play out, but we can now look back and reflect on what we achieved.
Last year annex:
- Built 10 new websites. Two websites with multilingual content and translation. One included a community forum. (You can check some of them on our projects page).
- Helped an agency uncover ways to improve their user experience through simple redesign of their user interface.
- We've provided coaching in agile and scrum to local technology companies, helping them deliver projects confidently in complex environments.
- Continued to maintain 9 websites.
- Hired 7 new staff, including our first staff member in Melbourne.
- Supported International Women’s Day, presented at Drupal.Gov, hung out at WebDirections and Adobe Max online.
- Found ways to maintain a strong culture through daily Google Meets, random acts of kindness, and covid-safe outings when we were permitted.
The year ahead is looking bright. We'll be:
- Building new websites and other solutions for existing and new clients.
- Coaching in agile and scrum and potentially provide similar services in development and security
- Delivering more complex projects, including enterprise level solutions for government.
- Growing the team in both scale and capability. Could include you?
- Providing thought leadership, strategic and advisory services to our clients. For instance we recently published a paper for transitioning to Drupal 9, and are evolving to play the trusted advisor role with our clients more frequently.
- Getting involved in the community through presenting, sponsoring and attending events.
- You can also expect to see more from us on social media. Hit follow on our LinkedIn company page or Instagram.
If reading this has got you thinking about how we might be able to help you, then please feel free to reach out. We love good coffee and chatting about all things digital.