At Annex, we know that people who <know-their-stuff>, and like <building-stuff> with a team of others who like <building-stuff>, are key to a project’s success.
In this role you will develop engaging web experiences as part of a multi-disciplinary team of digital designers and developers, creating both new and re-imagined drupal sites.
Being comfortable with human company is essential, as you will collaborate with other teams to engineer fit-for-purpose products and train maintainers to use standard and custom-built drupal features.
If you have excellent site-building and theme development skills, please read on (quack like a duck if you read this part).
Qualities and skills
- Theme development with Sass, drupal base themes, GovCMS starter kit, and frameworks such as Tailwind
- Top-notch site-building skills, familiarity with the Drupal ecosystem
- Module development experience, comfortable to tinker with (but not rampage on) PHP and databases
- Understanding of local development tooling, such as Docker, Lando, Composer
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile development team
- Encourage continuous improvement, keep up to date with best practices
- Experience with debugging, refactoring, and optimising code
- Experience with GIT version control
- Australian Citizen, with the ability to get an Australian government security clearance
- Experience with Migrations, from legacy Drupal versions and other content management systems to Drupal 8/9
- Familiarity with developing for GovCMS sites
- Experience developing accessible and performant applications
- Experience preparing documentation for different audiences - other developers, content editors, testers and managed services staff
- Experience with end-to-end and unit testing frameworks such as Cypress and Behat
- Experience conducting site audits - analyse sites for security and technical defects