At Annex, we know that people who <know-their-stuff>, and like <building-stuff> with a team of others who like <building-stuff>, are key to a project’s success.
In this role you will develop engaging web experiences as part of a multi-disciplinary team of digital designers and developers, creating both new and re-imagined drupal sites.
Being comfortable with human company is essential, as you will collaborate with other teams to engineer fit-for-purpose products and train maintainers to use standard and custom-built drupal features.
If you have excellent site-building and theme development skills, please read on (quack like a duck if you read this part).
- Theme development with Sass, drupal base themes, GovCMS starter kit, and frameworks such as Tailwind
- Top-notch site-building skills, familiarity with the Drupal ecosystem
- Module development experience, comfortable to tinker with (but not rampage on) PHP and databases
- Understanding of local development tooling, such as Docker, Lando, Composer
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile development team
- Encourage continuous improvement, keep up to date with best practices
- Experience with debugging, refactoring, and optimising code
- Experience with GIT version control
- Australian Citizen, with the ability to get an Australian government security clearance
- Experience with Migrations, from legacy Drupal versions and other content management systems to Drupal 8/9
- Familiarity with developing for GovCMS sites
- Experience developing accessible and performant applications
- Experience preparing documentation for different audiences - other developers, content editors, testers and managed services staff
- Experience with end-to-end and unit testing frameworks such as Cypress and Behat
- Experience conducting site audits - analyse sites for security and technical defects
A bit about us
Annex is a modern digital consultancy - kicking goals and growing quickly. We’ve brought together a unique mix of talent that’s resulted in great culture and great work.
Through our expertise and collaborative agile approach, we help our clients design and deliver digital products and services.
Trust. Transparency. Collaboration.
Annex is built on trust, if you’re a part of the team, it means we trust and empower you to do your job. We value open communication and transparency and strive to build a safe place for our team to develop their skills and have pathways for progression.
Annex offers flexible working options, which allows you to work from home, in the office as well as on client sites when required. During COVID 19 restrictions Annex operated entirely as a remote office.
Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for use, depending on availability and any social distancing restrictions at the time.
Full-time position, although part-time or flexible working considered.
We use Mac OS and you’ll be provided modern equipment and software to help you do your job. Our daily tools Slack, Jira, and Confluence. Our design team uses a range of design software and adapts as required.
Our goal is to live in a world without emails.
If you like building stuff with Drupal, we’d love to hear from you.