At Annex, we know Full Stack Developers don’t really exist. However, we understand developers want to specialise but also want some variety in their work. We believe our Half Stack Developer role hits that sweet spot.
Qualities and skills we’re looking for
- Team player
- Great problem solving and verbal communication skills
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Ability to build REST APIs with .NET connecting to a variety of data sources via APIs, SDKs or direct connection
- Experience writing appropriate unit tests as part of a development workflow
- Experience debugging, refactoring and optimising code
- Experience with GIT version control
- Australian Citizen, with the ability to get an Australian government security clearance
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile development team
- Experience developing accessible and performant applications
- Understanding of .NET essentials such as C#, entity framework, dependency injection, testing and design patterns
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience developing within Azure
- Experience with integration layer - including event-based integration patterns
- Experience with data layer - including modelling and database design
- Experience with TDD, BDD or similar
- Experience applying DevOps practices such as CI/CD and automated testing
- Experience with Drupal/GovCMS or other CMS platforms
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Platform.sh
- Experience working with or for Government clients
A bit about us
Annex is a modern digital consultancy - kicking goals and growing quickly. We’ve brought together a unique mix of talent that’s resulted in a great culture and great work.
Through our expertise and collaborative agile approach, we help our clients design and deliver digital products and services.
Trust. Transparency. Collaboration.
Annex is built on trust, if you’re a part of the team, it means we trust and empower you to do your job. We value open communication and transparency and strive to build a safe place for our team to develop their skills and have pathways for progression.
Annex offers flexible working options, which allows you to work from home, in the office as well as on client sites when required. During COVID 19 restrictions Annex operated entirely as a remote office.
Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for use, depending on availability and any social distancing restrictions at the time.
Full-time position, although part-time or flexible working considered.
We use Mac OS and you’ll be provided modern equipment and software to help you do your job. Our daily tools Slack, Jira, and Confluence. Our design team uses a range of design software and adapts as required.
Our goal is to live in a world without emails.
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you.