Annex is looking for a talented and creative digital design consultant to join our team
In this role you’ll be working within multidisciplinary teams on a range of projects to design and deliver creative and elegant digital interfaces. You’ll demonstrate a solid understanding of UX principles and ensure designs are accessible.
You will provide design assurance by working with the development team to ensure designs are reflected in the code, and be able to iterate quickly as required.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our growing design practice and contribute to our great culture and modern development practices.
Qualities and skills we’re looking for
- Have a fantastic portfolio that demonstrates your mastery of visual and digital design
- Able to work transparently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to establish trusted relationships with the team and our clients, and be confident with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to adapt with feedback and iterate design within an agile environment
- Able to create high-quality designs and prototypes in Sketch / XD or Figma
- Able to understand and apply UX principles to your designs, and ensuring UI components are purposeful, usable and accessible
- Ability to translate or extend client brands into digital touch-point
- Productive, highly organised and able to keep an eye on the details.
- Experience in creating or contributing to design systems.
- Willing to build and contribute to the Annex culture by supporting other team members and sharing knowledge
- 3+ years experience
- Qualified with tertiary qualifications in graphic / web design
- An Australian citizen, with ability to get an Australian government security clearance
Nice to have
- Experience in branding and design for print
- Illustration skills a bonus
- Ability to use visual design to bring to life user journeys and narratives through design artefacts such as journey maps, service blueprints etc
A bit about us
Annex is a modern digital consultancy - kicking goals and growing quickly. We’ve brought together a unique mix of talent that’s resulted in great culture and great work.
Through our expertise and collaborative agile approach we help our clients design and deliver digital products and services.
Trust. Transparency. Collaboration.
Annex is built on trust, if you’re a part of the team, it means we trust and empower you to do your job. We value open communication and transparency and strive to build a safe place for our team to develop their skills and have pathways for progression.
Annex offers flexible working options, which allows you to work from home, in the office as well as on client sites when required. During COVID 19 restrictions Annex operated entirely as a remote office.
Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for use, depending on availability and any social distancing restrictions at the time.
Full-time position, although part-time or flexible working considered.
We use Mac OS and you’ll be provided modern equipment and software to help you do your job. Our daily tools include Slack, Miro, Jira and Confluence. Our design team uses a range of design software and adapts as required.
If this sounds like the job for you, send us an application and a link to your portfolio and we’ll get in touch.