Annex is looking for a talented and experienced product designer to join our team.
In this position you’ll be working within multidisciplinary teams on a range of projects to design and deliver creative and elegant digital products. The role requires the successful applicant to have a solid understanding of UX principles and a talent for designing beautiful interface designs that are usable, scaleable and accessible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our growing design practice and contribute to our great culture and modern development practices, with a competitive salary package that is commensurate with your experience.
Is this you?
- You’re a master of digital design with a portfolio to back it up.
- Creating high-quality user interface designs in Sketch, XD or Figma is your jam.
- You’re experienced in communicating designs through information architecture, user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- You understand and can apply UX principles to your designs.
- You ensure UI components are precise, purposeful, usable and accessible.
- You can explain and rationalise design decisions effectively.
- You are able to guide and support outcome driven user research for projects, to help inform and validate design solutions.
- You have a strong ability to translate or extend client brands into digital touch-points.
- Experienced in creating or contributing to design systems.
- Organised and responsible, working in a timely manner in support of your team and client needs.
What you bring to the table
- You're happy to work transparently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You're able to establish trusted relationships with the team and our clients, and be confident communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- You're able to engage with users and stakeholders in order to gather insights and evaluate requirements.
- You're able to adapt with feedback and iterate design within an agile environment.
- You're willing to build and contribute to the Annex culture by supporting other team members and sharing knowledge.
Some important stuff
- You are an Australian Citizen, with the ability to get an Australian government security clearance.
- You can provide evidence of 3+ years experience designing digital products and websites.
- You have tertiary qualifications in design or related fields.
Nice to have
- Experience working in agile delivery, with project delivery tools such as Jira, DevOps etc.
- Experience working within the federal government Service Design and Delivery Process.
- A visual design background and ability to bring user stories and narratives to life through design artefacts such as journey maps, or have skills in print and brand development.
Apply now and attach your application and a link or file referencing your portfolio of work.