We’re not looking for a unicorn.
At Annex, we know the value of craft and are on the lookout for a brilliant User Experience Designer who can help us take products from Alpha to Beta and beyond.
In this role you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of digital designers, developers and delivery managers to craft and deliver meaningful digital experiences, informed by research, and aligned to business strategy.
You will lead the usability research and testing, and be able to use these insights to quickly iterate designs in an agile environment.
This is a unique opportunity to inform our growing design practice and contribute to our great culture and modern development practices.
Qualities and skills we’re looking for
- Able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Able to establish trusted relationships with the team and our clients
- Able to own the room and manage tricky conversations
- Able to engage with users and stakeholders in order to gather and evaluate requirements
- Comfortable envisioning journey maps and related design artefacts.
- Experienced in generating user flows, information architecture and prototypes
- Experienced in developing hypotheses, scripting and conduct usability testing with the aim to validate or iterate designs
- Highly organised and proactive
- Willing to build and contribute to the Annex culture through thought-leadership and mentoring
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role in the last 4+ years
- Qualified with tertiary qualifications in design or adjacent studies
- An Australian citizen, with ability to get an Australian government security clearance
A bit about us
Annex is a modern digital consultancy - kicking goals and growing quickly. We’ve brought together a unique mix of talent that’s resulted in great culture and great work.
Through our expertise and collaborative agile approach we help our clients design and deliver digital products and services.
Trust. Transparency. Collaboration.
Annex is built on trust, if you’re a part of the team, it means we trust and empower you to do your job. We value open communication and transparency and strive to build a safe place for our team to develop their skills and have pathways for progression.
Annex offers flexible working options, which allows you to work from home, in the office as well as on client sites when required. During COVID 19 restrictions Annex operated entirely as a remote office.
Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for use, depending on availability and any social distancing restrictions at the time.
Full-time position, although part-time or flexible working considered.
We use Mac OS and you’ll be provided modern equipment and software to help you do your job. Our daily tools Slack, Jira, and Confluence. Our design team uses a range of design software and adapts as required. Our goal is to live in a world without emails.
If this sounds like your next job, we’d love to hear from you. (Unicorns may also apply, be sure to bring the rainbow glitter as evidence).