The Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within Annex that enable the delivery of a high quality service to our clients, and to ensure Managed Service processes are in place to meet business needs.
This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you lead the Managed Services practice to meet the high expectations of our clients.
- Maintain high performing Managed Services functions for Annex clients including the Annex Service Desk.
- Owner of Managed Services processes and tools, including Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Champion Managed Services in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance, ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Act as a liaison between Clients and Annex, delivering high quality reporting and other client functions as required.
- Perform periodic ticket reviews with clients and identify improvements for your client portfolios.
- Provide standard uptime reports and environmental metrics.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to support pre-sales customers, renewals, expansion opportunities, and case studies.
- Ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication with stakeholders and post incident review.
- Be available during business hours for on-call response, and limited after-hours response, from time-to-time.
Performance and quality
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on service performance.
- Effectively deliver/manage mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment.
- Be an ambassador for Managed Services, working across the business to provide effective communication and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between practices.
Qualities and skills required
- Prior experience working in a customer facing role in an IT service delivery capability.
- Prior experience in leading or managing teams delivering IT projects.
- Prior experience with agile development methodologies.
- Excellent customer facing/customer services, relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English.
- Good knowledge of web application architecture, services, workflows and tools.
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working.
- Excellent organisational skills, self-motivation and able to take responsibility, including to effectively prioritise and escalate client issues as required.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment with remote teams.
- Australian Citizen, with ability to get an Australian government security clearance.
- Previous experience in leading or managing a client-facing service delivery team.
- ITIL Qualified or Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Scrummaster certification.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Prior experience with Drupal, GovCMS, Platform.sh and related technology stacks.
- Prior experience working with or for Government clients.
- Canberra-based, but other locations considered.
- Australian government Security clearance.
During the COVID-19 period, Annex is operating on a fully remote basis. You will be provided with equipment and assistance (including a laptop), however this is a remote position and you will be expected to work from home and maintain a suitable home-office environment (for example, you are responsible for providing a sufficiently stable internet connection). Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for limited use, depending on availability and current social distancing restrictions.