At Annex we deliver high quality software in rapidly changing agile environments. To do this we need test engineers that work with the team to ensure the things we build are tested when and where it matters.
Our test engineers use automation, not because it’s trendy, but because it allows us to rapidly iterate on what we build and it gives back time to the team to focus on what we are trying to achieve with our clients. Plus it’s much more fun (and less error prone!) than manually testing things over and over again.
As part of this role you will design and implement appropriate test plans involving automated and manual elements - empowering our teams to deliver high quality outcomes with our clients.
Qualities and Skills required
- Experience working with stakeholders to design fit-for-purpose test plans for web application testing
- Experience writing UI and behavioural automated tests for web applications using open source frameworks such as Behat, Selenium, Cypress
- Experience writing API tests using tools such as Postman and SoapUI
- Executing functional and regression tests
- Testing in browsers, devices and WCAG 2.1 accessibility
- Team player
- Great verbal communication skills
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Australian Citizen, with ability to get an Australian government security clearance
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile development team
- Experience testing web applications involving Drupal/GovCMS
- Experience designing and implementing performance tests, and reporting on their results
- Experience writing test reports to satisfy Government reporting requirements
- Experience integrating automated testing with CI/CD
- Experience working with or for Government clients
- Baseline Security Clearance
A bit about us
Annex is a modern digital consultancy - kicking goals and growing quickly. We’ve brought together a unique mix of talent that’s resulted in great culture and great work.
Through our expertise and collaborative agile approach we help our clients design and deliver digital products and services.
Trust. Transparency. Collaboration.
Annex is built on trust, if you’re a part of the team, it means we trust and empower you to do your job. We value open communication and transparency and strive to build a safe place for our team to develop their skills and have pathways for progression.
Annex offers flexible working options, which allows you to work from home, in the office as well as on client sites when required. During COVID 19 restrictions Annex operated entirely as a remote office.
Annex maintains an office in Canberra, which is available for use, depending on availability and any social distancing restrictions at the time.
Full-time position, although part-time or flexible working considered.
We use Mac OS and you’ll be provided modern equipment and software to help you do your job. Our daily tools Slack, Jira, and Confluence. Our design team uses a range of design software and adapts as required.
Our goal is to live in a world without emails.